TBI Advocate

Hi Friends,

I apologize, it has been too long since I updated the blog. Many great things happening in our lives. In the past months Victor and I have been involved more than any other time with higher leadership in the military talking about our experiences as a wounded family. We were invited by the Vice Chief of Staff of the Army, GEN Chiarelli to speak at a symposium he and his staff coordinated. Who would have thought that Victor and I will have the opportunity to speak with the Vice? When we met GEN Chiarelli and having the opportunity to talk with him, I realized how much of an advocate for brain injuries he is. He is committed and changing the policy in the army in how TBIs are diagnosed and treated. GEN Chiarelli is definitely working hard on these initiatives and he definitely needs the support of policy makers and others in the military.

Two years and 3 months ago when Victor was wounded I never thought our lives were going to change forever in this way. We have become advocates of TBI to create awareness among policy makers, military leadership, the patients and the families. Despite the difficulty of maintaining this lifestyle we do it because we are visionaries of a better tomorrow. My dream is that one day, all the patients with TBI, military or civilians, can receive care without hardly inquiring, that families with a member with TBI will be able and learn how to manage in a way that there will be happiness and that those with TBI be empowered and strong enough to raise their voices unanimously. I know one day things will be better than today and I know that together we can make huge differences in the lives of others.

Loving is caring enough to act accordingly for the health of our loved ones.

With Love,

Comments

  1. Hi Roxana, This is a great blog! I have a question about TBI. Would you mind emailing me at sladue@rlapr.com? Thanks, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A New Beginning All Over Again

A Journey of Grace and Love

Anniversary