TBI patient or caregiver, please share your story

Today was a good day. The day started taking a friend to the doctor. After his visit we went to lunch and it has been a long time since we had a conversation like today. I missed that. We have been working together for 4 years now and I enjoy every minute. His understanding and support means very much to me. He also is a great friend to my husband, they laugh together and they support each other. This is one of the blessings in my life.

Today I finished one of my Summer classes, Qualitative research. Mhhhh, what is that? Maybe this is your question so I will answer very simply. Qualitative research is a type of study that looks at the stories of people and explore their lived experiences. I like when people share their stories because believe it or not we all have a story. I think that is why living in the Southwest I like to collect "story tellers".

Going through this class I wanted to know even more about how patients with TBI feel and how their family cope. I think it is very important to share our stories to empower others and help them through the process. I believe in the power of transforming circumstances and life through the care and love of others. I am not sure today who will read my blog but whoever you are I am sure you have a story to tell. Please share your story and I will continue to share mine.

With love!

Comments

  1. Proper hand function is crucial to the performance of activities of daily living. Greater attention, is now given, to hand therapy in patients who have suffered traumatic brain injury that has led upper extremity arm movement impairments. The HandTutor glove and dedicated rehabilitation software uses biofeedback to improve hand function is now being used by home patients in the USA. It has also be sold to Rusk and |Comombia on the East Coast. A video rehabilitation session showing the HandTutor on a tbi patient can be seen at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2SQqIwjz64

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A New Beginning All Over Again

A Journey of Grace and Love

Marriage and Intimacy