A Journey of Grace and Love

 In 2009 when my sweet husband Victor was medevac’d from Iraq I anticipated a challenging road, but what I didn't envisioned was how much grace it will bring to our lives in this very successful healing journey. The set of expectations, demands and responsibilities sometimes felt too much to bear.  The amount of commitment, love and acceptance for my husband and myself as we walked this path defined the healing in this home. Walking the path of this unexpected journey were met by a number of disappointments, but nothing compares to the joy of small victories and triumphs along the way. While walking this new unsolicited path, and experiencing a "life detour", some things are important to be identified and never taken for granted:
1.    New relationships: perhaps noticing those family members you encounter in the hospital or rehabilitation center waiting room or in the hallway. They may become your new extended family, the ones you can count on.
2.    Perseverance: remembering that the clue to never giving up on your loved one is believing s/he can heal, even when the cure is not possible. You are his/her best asset, the true champion and advocate in their lives. 
3.    Faith: understanding the power of faith has infinite implications in how we view the world around us. It keep us strong and grounded.
4.    Gratitude: being grateful for everything and everyone are the key to recognizing goodness in the midst of our circumstances.
5.    Grace and love: these go hand in hand because without love there is no grace and viceversa. The perpetual commitment to our loved one without neglecting ourselves will help us redefine our lives towards a bright future. 

In the end, a good attitude could dissipate sorrow in times of doubt, it will certainly be attractive to others and it will never fail your sense of wellbeing. 


"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Comments

  1. I know I'm not part of your military family but I am so blessed to have you in my NEW family. You are so gracious and kind. I thank God for giving me my TBI cause I have met some of the GREATEST people. Thank You for all that you do for all of us.. <3 love Lee

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A New Beginning All Over Again

Anniversary